The most recent iteration of OpenAI’s ChatGPT language model, ChatGPT-4, is a significant advancement in artificial intelligence (AI) technology that has fundamentally altered how humans interact with computers. Let’s look at the differences between ChatGPT-3.5 and ChatGPT-4.
ChatGPT’s multimodal features allow it to analyze text, photos, and videos, which makes it an extremely adaptable tool for marketers, organizations, and people alike. ChatGPT-4 can process all three types of media.
What Is GPT-4? How does it differ from GPT-3.5?
As compared to its predecessor, the GPT-3.5, the ChatGPT-4 is 10 times more sophisticated. This improvement helps the model to better grasp the context and differentiate between subtleties, which ultimately results in replies that are more accurate and consistent.
In addition, the maximum number of tokens that may be used in GPT-4 is 32,000, which is comparable to 25,000 words. This is a huge increase over the 4,000 tokens that could be used in GPT-3.5 (equivalent to 3,125 words).
How to try ChatGPT-4?
The popularity of ChatGPT rose rapidly. Because of this, there were issues with server capacity, and it didn’t take OpenAI, the business that developed the technology, very long to decide to sell a commercial version of it. It did not significantly slow down the process; finally, ChatGPT-4 generated as much online traffic as the Bing search engine did. There are still times when simple ChatGPT reaches its limit; in fact, I received a notice about this very thing when I was writing this article.
The fee is twenty dollars per month. ChatPGT+ is currently the main means for individuals to acquire access to the underlying ChatGPT-4 technology. OpenAI initiated a Plus pilot early in February.
To begin, you will need a free account with OpenAI; it is possible that you already have one from your previous experience with Dall-E to produce AI pictures. If not, you will need to establish a new one. Next, go to the menu and seek the option that says “Upgrade to Plus.” It’s possible that you won’t be able to sign in if there’s a capacity issue; this is one of the issues that ChatGPT+ is designed to fix.
What are the most important differences between the GPT-3.5 and the GPT-4 versions?
The size of the GPT-3.5 and ChatGPT-4
It is anticipated that GPT-4 will take up much more space than its predecessor did. OpenAI estimates that GPT-4 will include 10 trillion parameters, making it ten times more comprehensive than GPT-3.5, which had just 1 trillion parameters. Because of this increase in size, GPT-4 will be able to have an even deeper knowledge of the language and create writing that is more similar to that produced by humans.
The efficiency of GPT-3.5 and ChatGPT-4
It is significantly different from one another, which is another notable distinction between the two. It is anticipated that ChatGPT-4 would be more effective than its predecessor, which indicates that it will take fewer computing resources to train and utilize than its predecessor did. Because of this increase in productivity, GPT-4 will be easier to obtain for people and smaller businesses who may not necessarily have the resources necessary to use GPT-3.5.
- It is anticipated that ChatGPT-4 would have improved accuracy in comparison to GPT-3.5. Because of this increase in accuracy, GPT-4 will be able to create text that is even more similar to that produced by humans, and it will also be better able to do complicated language tasks.
- GPT-4 will have a higher level of precision when it comes to the completion of increasingly complex linguistic tasks, such as translation and summarization.
- One of the most significant differences between Chat GPT-4 and Chat GPT-3 is that the newest version of the program can interpret photos. This is one of the reasons why ChatGPT-4 is considered to be an improvement over Chat GPT-3.
- This is because ChatGPT-4 is multimodal, which means that it can comprehend several types of information, ranging from words to pictures. On the other hand, Chat GPT-3 was restricted to just accepting text inputs and answers, which restricted its use cases.
- Image recognition in ChatGPT-4 is in its infancy, but users can already ask the program to describe what’s going on in a picture, and more crucially, it can be used to assist those who struggle with their vision.
- Chat GPT-4 was shown by Open AI reading aloud a map, providing instructions on how to use a piece of exercise equipment, and describing the pattern on an article of clothing.
- Last but not least, it is anticipated that GPT-4 will have a higher degree of robustness than GPT-3.5. This indicates that it will be capable of handling a greater variety of linguistic tasks and producing more complicated content.
- According to Open AI, the most recent version of Chat GPT is 82% less likely to reply to requests for forbidden material than Chat GPT-3, and it is 40% more likely to generate factual replies. Chat GPT-4 is also less likely to respond to content that is not permitted.
- This may make using Chat GPT-4 a lot safer for users in general since the AI will be far less likely to reply to harmful requests.
Lastly, What Exactly Is GPT-5? How Will It Change Writing?
It is anticipated that OpenAI’s GPT5 will be the next generation of their GPT series of LLMs. GPT5 is a fictitious artificial intelligence system. As GPT-5 has not yet been made publically available, there is no official information available on its capabilities or its development.
On the other hand, it is anticipated that GPT-5 will expand upon the achievements of GPT-3 and GPT-4 by possessing even more powerful language comprehension and generating skills.
- GPT5 may contain 175 billion times as many parameters as its predecessor, GPT-3, which had 175 billion parameters. This indicates that GPT-5 might contain something in the neighborhood of 17.5 trillion parameters, making it one of the biggest neural networks that have ever been developed.
- During the training phase, GPT-3 used around 3.14 exaflops of computational power; GPT5 may utilize 200 to 400 times this amount. This indicates that GPT5 has the potential to consume up to 1.26 zettaflops of processing power, which is greater than the total computing capacity of all of the world’s most powerful supercomputers combined.
- As compared to GPT-3, which used the cross-entropy loss as its training loss function, GPT5 may be able to deal with longer contexts and be trained using a different loss function. Its capacity to create text that is coherent and relevant across a variety of areas and activities should increase as a result of this.
- There is a possibility that GPT5 may be able to achieve artificial general intelligence, often known as AGI. This is the degree of intelligence at which an AI system can do any job that a person can accomplish. The Turing test is a test that determines whether or not a computer can display human-like conduct in a conversation. Several industry professionals believe that GPT-5 might pass this exam.
The GPT5 is currently just an idea at this point. The most innovative of all of these aspects will be reaching the level of artificial general intelligence (AGI), which, if it does become a reality, will have the potential to have a substantial influence on many different industries and applications that depend on natural language processing. So let’s figure out what the acronym AGI stands for.
What does the acronym AGI stand for?
The definition of term “artificial general intelligence” (AGI) refers to a kind of artificial intelligence system that, like a person, can learn and reason in a variety of settings. AGI, or Artificial General Intelligence, is not to be confused with artificial narrow intelligence (ANI), which excels at some tasks but is incapable of generalization, or artificial super intelligence (ASI), which is superior to human intellect in every way.
The concept of artificial general intelligence (AGI) has captivated the public’s imagination and has been the focus of a great deal of science fiction writing as well as film.