TikTok has launched two new ad performance measurement tools:
- Cross-Channel Partners – which analyzes how ads perform across different online platforms and touchpoints before a purchase is made to understand their overall impact.
- Lift Partners – this assesses the effectiveness of ads on brand metrics, sales, physical store visits, and viewership for shows or media.
Given that conventional last-click attribution models fail to capture four out of five purchases attributed to TikTok, these new features are designed to offer marketers improved insights into the effectiveness of their campaigns on the social platform.
Why we care. A clearer understanding of the customer journey reveals the returns from your advertising investments, empowering you to make informed decisions about your ad spend moving forward.
Cross-Channel Partners. This feature analyzes the impact of TikTok ads across various marketing touchpoints before a purchase is made. It focuses on two key areas:
- Multi-touch attribution: This involves measuring the effectiveness of TikTok advertising across digital touchpoints. It provides marketers with a deeper understanding of the customer’s path to purchase, helping them identify the most effective channels to achieve their goals.
- Post-purchase survey (PPS): This survey-based tool integrated with e-commerce stores, helping advertisers understand how customers discover their product/brand and gathers attitudinal metrics (how customers feel about your product). By using the voice of the customer as a source of truth, PPS helps advertisers to gain a more complete view of attribution, contributing to a deeper understanding of advertising impact.
Lift Partners. Lift partners gauge the impact of TikTok advertising, focusing on four main areas:
- Brand lift: This uses an engaging, in-feed polling experience to measure the impact of ads on brand lift metrics like Ad Recall, Awareness, Attitude, and Favorability.
- Sales lift: Determines how effective advertising is in driving both online and offline sales, especially beneficial for Consumer Packaged Goods marketers.
- Store visit lift: Measures the additional visits to physical stores generated by TikTok ad campaigns.
- Tune-in lift: Assesses the impact of advertising on increasing viewership for shows, movies, or other media content.
Brand lift, a focus area under the Measurement category, is not a new addition to the program in this launch; it has been a part of the program previously.
Eligibility. To work with a measurement partner for Cross-Channel and Lift solutions, or to be considered for the TikTok Marketing Partners Program, visit the TikTok Marketing Partners website.
What TikTok is saying. Melissa Yang, Global Head of Marketing Partnerships and Industry Education, TikTok, said in a statement:
- “Partnering with our Cross-Channel and Lift measurement experts provides better visibility into consumer behavior beyond last click.”
- “Working with our partners reveals the true impact of TikTok marketing campaigns, while also providing strategic insight that can be leveraged to drive meaningful growth for businesses.”
Get the daily newsletter search marketers rely on.
Deep dive. Read TikTok’s announcement in full for more information.
New on Search Engine Land