The Google Ads gambling and games policy United States country-specifics has been updated.
From January 4, the platform will accept and run ads for sports betting from state-approved entities in Delaware.
Why we care. Eligible advertisers who want to run sports betting ads in Delaware will need to apply for accreditation.
Certification. To obtain certification, follow these steps if you meet Google’s policy and country-specific requirements:
- Privately-licensed operators: If you are based in one of the countries where Google permits online gambling content, fill out the online gambling application form in the Google Ads Help Center. Providing all the requested information will help prevent delays.
- State-run entities: If you operate in one of the countries where Google allows only state-run entities, use this form. When completing the form:
- In ‘Summary of the issue’: Note that you’re requesting certification to advertise as a state-run gambling entity, and provide your website URL.
- In ‘Campaign name and Ad group name’: Enter N/A if you haven’t set up a campaign or ad group.
- Social casino game operators: Use this form to submit your website URL or app, Google Ads customer ID, and the country group you are targeting.
You must submit a separate application form for each country you want to target.
Get the daily newsletter search marketers rely on.
Deep dive. Read Google’s announcement in full for more information.
New on Search Engine Land