Google Ads is updating its gambling and games policy U.S. country-specifics.
Starting February 8, Google will start accepting and running sports betting ads from certified, state-licensed entities with certificates of compliance in North Carolina
You must apply for certification to be eligible to promote these ads.
Why we care. Advertisers who want to run sports betting ads should apply for certification, without it, promoting their campaigns will not be possible.
When to apply. Starting now, advertisers wanting to promote online gambling content in North Carolina can apply for certification.
Certification. To obtain certification, follow these steps if you meet Google’s policy and country-specific requirements:
- Privately-licensed operators: If you are based in one of the countries where Google permits online gambling content, fill out the online gambling application form in the Google Ads Help Center. Providing all the requested information will help prevent delays.
- State-run entities: If you operate in one of the countries where Google allows only state-run entities, use this form. When completing the form:
- In ‘Summary of the issue’: Note that you’re requesting certification to advertise as a state-run gambling entity, and provide your website URL.
- In ‘Campaign name and Ad group name’: Enter N/A if you haven’t set up a campaign or ad group.
- Social casino game operators: Use this form to submit your website URL or app, Google Ads customer ID, and the country group you are targeting.
You must submit a separate application form for each country you want to target.
Get the daily newsletter search marketers rely on.
Deep dive. Read Google’s announcement in full for more information.