Websites are often one of the first things users check when looking for information about a particular topic or business. If your website doesn’t appear on page one of search results, you could alienate potential customers from ever seeing your site. Google searches are also becoming more and more visual, which means it’s important to create an aesthetically-pleasing site that will stand out to users and crawlers. Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of ensuring your website is easily discovered by search engines like Google. Pearland SEO has covered these six steps that will help you structure an SEO friendly website that actually works.
Structure An Effective Website Design
Effective website design means that your website is optimized to look and function equally well across all devices, both mobile and desktop. It’s important to create a website that is not only easily crawled by search engines, but that also looks good on all screen sizes and screen types. Google recommends using responsive design for mobile-friendly websites because it’s easier for the crawler to read content from smaller screens. There are a few steps Pearland SEO experts follow while designing your website for effectiveness;
- You need to keep the relevant pages not too far away; that is pages that will be useful for the users to see need not be far from your homepage
- Categorize your pages so that they can easily get ranked by search engines
- Get a Google search console to help you monitor your organic searches and many other benefits such as; Letting you see the keyword you worked for, find website errors and get opportunities for improvement.
Create a Quality Content Strategy
The best way to create a website with consistent and high-quality content is to plan and execute a content strategy. Your content strategy should include topics and keywords that you want your website to be associated with. To make a good keyword that is suitable for SEO here is what you should do;
- You should always check the traffic potential of the keyword you are using and how often people search for it. Also make your topic focused on what you offer in terms of product or services
- Check the search Intent of users who search for that keyword, is it transactional or informational. Learn to tailor your content on the search intent.
Houston SEO ensures that the information you share is valuable to your target audience by being easy to understand, unique and clearly organized. You can optimize your content by including website URLs, image alt tags, and meta descriptions. Make sure you are not overdoing it. It’s important to stay within Google’s guidelines when creating your content strategy. Your articles should also be long enough to convey your message, but not so long that readers get bored.
Make Your Site Easy to Use and Navigate
Google is looking for websites that are useful to users, which means your site should be easy to navigate and use. There are many points to consider when check easy navigation of a website they includes;
- The design and layout, you need to tailor your navigation bar according to the audience. It should be based on the information they want. but also the ease of finding the information you’re searching for. To create a site that’s easy to use and navigate, you want to make it obvious where the most important pages are. You also want to keep the distractions to a minimum so users can quickly and easily find what they’re looking for with minimal distractions.
- Make your website legible by using a font size that is at least 12 pixel and always break out your navigation.
- Make your hyperlinks stand out from your other text by giving it another colour, underlining it and making it bold.
Make your website Mobile Friendly
Mobile traffic is currently surpassing desktop traffic, so it’s important to make sure your website is user-friendly for mobile device users. You can do this by keeping the same design but making it a little more compact, or creating a separate mobile site that is easier to navigate. If you have a separate mobile site, make sure you’re still linking to your original site. If you change the design or functionality of your website for mobile devices, you will want Google to see your original site. You can do this by adding no-index or no-follow tags to your mobile site. Your website should be designed for people to use and for search engines to crawl. If you have a separate mobile site, you can optimize it for mobile visitors so that it ranks higher in mobile search results.
Don’t Overlook SEM and SEO Basics
SEO and SEM are nothing very important in marketing, they consist of different action with the same goal in mind.
If you want to create an effective SEO website, it’s important to remember the basics. Make sure your site has a unique URL, has decent, readable content, and has a clear title and meta description. It’s important that you don’t try to over-optimize your website; this is one of the most common mistakes people make with SEO. Google has advanced algorithms that are designed to sniff out misleading, over-optimized websites. If you do your due diligence and include the basics, you will be on the right path to creating an effective SEO website. You also want to make sure you are not breaking any of Google’s guidelines. SEM is targeted towards paid search advertising and includes making sure you don’t have too many ads on your site and that your website loads quickly.
Make Sure You Are Using HTTPS
HTTPS stands for HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure and it is the more secured version of HTTP. HTTPS is more secure, hence your resources and contents are encrypted. This is also one of the requirements nowadays in terms of ranking because it makes your users feel safe and have safe access to your contents. It also guarantees that any information, especially having to do with debit or credit card details, they share with your site is also safe.
All you need to do here is to get an SSL certificate and there are some companies that carry that out.
Creating a search engine optimized website is an important part of effective marketing. Although it may be very hard to maneuver and may involve a lot of cost, it is something you should consider if you want your website to rank on search engines.